Thursday, December 10, 2009

female rapers

While much attention has been given to the fact that men rape women, I was wondering if it is possible for a female to rape a man, or a female to rape a female. I would like to avoid the specific physical terminology and actions taken if either of these is possible, but, in general, I think a female can rape a man or another female. I mean it sounds tricky, sure, but what if a female drug induced a man or another female then "had their way with them," as funny as that sounds. Also, does rape have to be full blown sexual intercourse? What happens if someone forces you someone to do something other than sexual intercourse but is still sexual in nature. Does this count as rape? Lastly, whether a female can rape another individual or not, how ought a big college like Penn State protect against rape so that men are not always the one accused?

4 comments:

  1. I'd say that it is possible for a female to rape someone. However, I've never heard of this. Females don't go around raping people, men do. Men are physically equipped for raping. Also, sex is not the only thing that can be considered rape, in my opinion. I feel that any unwarranted physical violation can be considered rape. I was in a women's studies class last semester, and I was surprised to find that women, when walking alone, are constantly afraid of the possibility of being raped. I was shocked by this. I can't imagine being afraid while walking around the streets of state college at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to answer a few of your questions. It is possible that females can rape men and women. Women are sometimes charged with sexually assaulting young boys. As men get older, I believe the occurence of rape from females decreases. Rape is always sexual intercourse, however. Sexual assault is the safety umbrella the law puts under the rape statute to include all other inappropriate sexual contact. Therefore, a woman can sexually assault a man or another woman simply by touching them in unwanted places without consent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely a female can rape a male. It happens more than people think, but a majority of the rapes go unreported. Rape mostly deals with the sexual intercourse part of the spectrum. If it’s not fully sexual intercourse then you would be looking for the broader term sexual assault.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty much just reiterated what everyone else is saying but i feel i can add a little. Most people think it's impossible for a women to force a man to have sex with her. However, in most males, the reaction to sudden fear or, in some cases, strangulation can actually cause the man to get an erection. Also, most of the time, rape is not done for sexual reasons. It is about control and power. So a woman can sodomize a man, even though she is getting no physical sexual satisfaction by it. She could want to de-masculinize the man and empower herself.

    ReplyDelete