Friday, October 9, 2009

Traditional Law in today's Society

I myself feel that I am a believer in traditional natural law. I feel that most laws follow religious beliefs and derive from rules that are given in religion. Religion I feel is a great stepping stone to make laws in our society. Giving people good morals to follow is something that benefits our society as a whole and keeps the people orderly. Society without the use of morals has nothing to fear except the government and the rules that they put in place. I don’t feel like that would be a good thing because it means more to someone to not do something if they also believe in it. What traditional law believers want is laws that are also believed in by the people because this would make them easier to follow for the citizens. Religions principles are great guidelines for us to follow and as previous posted before the “10 Commandments” are a great outline of laws that should be made by the government. Other laws I feel are not derived from religion but are put in place for the safety and well being of the people. Traffic laws are an example of a law that is derived from religion but is put in place so that the streets are safe and allows for a good flow of traffic. I think that traffic laws would be under Hart’s Rule of Recognition because it is for the benefit of people. The people are benefiting because the laws give them a safe environment to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment