Saturday, October 17, 2009

Following for the right reasons

My main theory is that why cannot theories all interblend with each other? The reason I ask this question is because every time I either break or follow a law, the reasons are always changing. Whether or not you bring morality in the equation, I am still making the choice that I am going to follow the law or not. I make several choices every day and there is not one thing that I can say why I follow the law because of one reason. I may drive down the road and break the speed limit for so many reasons, because I'm late, because I don't give a shit, because I want to look cool, because I forgot, because I want to be a good person, and the list goes on and on. Reasons for following the law, as I believe, is a dumb way to look at things because we will always do whatever we want in the end.
As far as morality and law go together, I think we need to realize that the United States formed from a very Christian and white (WASP) group that we will never get rid of without the proper amount of time. So I believe that there are morals formed with our law because "God" is in our constitution and will never leave. We swear on a bible whenever we testify, so there is obvisiously morals involved with our laws and we follow them because whenever we make a desicion to follow the law, we think about something and that something is our morality because we will always think about how it will affect us. It might not always be about the "good" factor but the fact of thinking about how it will better ourselves boils down to the point of our own morality. Our own morality is insignificant in our world the the "general public" which I am referring to is the entire world. That is the overall level of measure that we must look at if we are about to talk about morality.

No comments:

Post a Comment