Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Benefits of Legal Realism

Sorry for yet another post about Legal Realism, but I forgot to bring up a point that I mean to in my last post that I wanted to throw out there to the class. As I mentioned in my previous posts, I definitely tend to align myself on the side of Legal Realism more so than any of the other theories or philosophies we've studied this summer. Because of this I find there to be many benefits that Legal Realism has to offer. The one thing that I did want to say to the class that I forgot before is the idea that if a judge were to follow a more Realist style of law, then they be more inclined to recognize their own biases and decision making processes. To me this seems beneficial to our judicial system as it may provide a way to fix some of the biases that judges currently have. To me Legal Realism may offer a method of promoting more equality in our current legal system. So would you guys agree or disagree with this idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment